I am a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (RYT-200). I teach classes in mindful hatha yoga, restorative yoga, and yin yoga. I incorporate gentle hatha yoga in each group that I teach. I also provide individual and small group private yoga instruction, and teach corporate and school yoga classes.
For me, yoga is a practice in mindfulness, as this is how I have learned it. My classes are enveloped in the attitudes of mindfulness and heartfulness, and include asana (the physical stretches and postures), pranayama (breathwork), as well as practices in mindfulness meditation. My classes are always inclusive, trauma-sensitive, and accessible to beginner yogis and meditators.
My intention is to provide a supportive and inclusive space that allows for the three R’s: reconnecting with oneself, rebalancing on all levels, and recognizing one’s inherent wholeness. I try to meet individuals where they are and support them in their goals as we learn together alongside. I endeavour to assist others in cultivating a sustainable practice of mindfulness and yoga, both on and off the mat/cushion. My mission is to empower people to get to know themselves (their bodies, minds, hearts and spirits) more intimately, and to cultivate a kinder and more compassionate relationship with themselves, and consequently with others and the earth.
My yoga training to date includes:
- Completion of 250-hour RYT-200 Hatha yoga teacher training (2015 through Moksana Yoga Center, Victoria, BC)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga training (2016 through Union Yoga and Wellness, Toronto)
- Yoga for Anxiety and Depression workshop (2016 through Esther Myers Yoga Studio, Toronto)
- Mindfulness Yoga workshop with Frank Jude Boccio (2017 through Spirit Loft, Toronto)
- Yoga for All workshop with Dianne Bondy (2018 through Spirit Loft, Toronto)
Please get in touch if you are interested in arranging private, semi-private, or group sessions for yourself, your school or workplace.
Namaste (“the light in me honours the light in you”)